25 Carlisle Street
History according to Majestic Website http://www.gettysburgmajestic.org/
Making the Majestic, Majestic Again! The Gettysburg Majestic Theater Renovation Project is a visionary partnership of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Greater Adams County community and Gettysburg College who purchased the building in 1992 as part of its long-term commitment to the revitalization of downtown. The partnership's bright vision for the Majestic's future is the result of a three-year feasibility study that documented the community's needs, and involved more than 200 community members who provided information and guidance through interviews, workshops, and correspondence.
The bold mission of the Gettysburg Majestic Theater Renovation Project:
- Restore the theater to its original 1925 Colonial Revival splendor;
- Create a new, 1950s cinema wing in honor of the theater's Eisenhower era;
- Renovate the facility to modern technical standards for the performing arts, cinema, and audience comfort, safety and accessibility;
- Operate the theater year-round to enliven the cultural life of the whole community by presenting a broad range of high-quality programs including Broadway shows, classical and popular music, dance, comedy, children's classics, local college and community performers, American independent films, film classics, and foreign films;
- Contribute to the economic revitalization of downtown.